Is this Amplifone tube trash?

From: fishd <fishd_at_tiac.net>
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 13:48:23 EDT

Hi Folks,

 I finally got around to working on my Amplifone monitor
that's been sitting around for a couple of years. After
rebuilding the Hi-V board and fixing the deflection bd it
was time to cross my fingers and power that bad boy up.
The results were pretty... discouraging. The neck of the
tube was lit up like a neon sign. A nice shade of violet
I'll admit, but not what I was hoping for. The arcing is
happening in two places within the tube, on both ends of
the heater section. The Hi-V & deflection boards work fine
in my SW.

 The tube is an RCA 19VLTP22 and has an Amplifone P/N, not
an Atari P/N (200000-01 vs. 134004-001). The manual calls
out a 19VJTP22 but I'm assuming they're compatible. So, is
this tube recoverable? It's got very little burn-in so I'd
hate to toss it if I can eventually fix it. Any ideas are
welcome at this point. Thanks.