Re: vector programming...

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 18:25:56 EDT

> > someone who has authored a multi-game emulator, I do know there are better
> > methods of organization. In Retrocade...
> Uh, oh. You shouldn't have said that! :)

Yeah, I should've kept my big mouth shut. ;-(

> I looked around for the Retrocade source before trying to bug you.

You won't find it - hopefully. It's not publicly released.

> Do you have anything that gives an insight on how the EEPROM functions
> work for Tempest? The Mathbox?

To what extent? I have some most excellent mathbox routines that Zonn
Moore wrote:

ftp://ftp.synthcom.com/pub/emulators/cpu/mathbox.asm

The EEPROM stuff I have coded up but I can't remember how it works
specifically since it has been so long since I did it.

> Also, Clay Cowgill mentioned a strange AVG routine that was not documented
> at: http://www.kfu.com/~nsayer/games/vecops.txt . Anything you can add to
> that document?

That's a pretty old document, but the first thing that comes to mind is
that a JMP to 0 is the same thing as a halt. Tempest added that "feature",
and it drove me nuts for a week trying to get the emulation running.

I also have other info on sparkle and operation of STATZ on a few games.
Isn't this stuff documented in MAME? A good bit of AVG info I discovered
wound up in its source.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. C++ - Where you can make your privates public!
ICQ # 29402898 Friends don't let newbie programmer friends do C++