Re: vector programming...

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 18:52:08 EDT

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:20:42 -0700 , you wrote:

>MAME seemed to goof up on some types of vector draws-- it read a high-bit as
>a sign instead of the MSB of the length. The thing I couldn't figure out
> from Jess' doc was some sort of implied subroutine call or something. The
>Atari vector ROMs used it-- I wrote a little vector disassembler based on
>Jess' info that automatically mapped the Tempest character ROMs (I suppose I
>should give you that too) and there were some routines that my disassembler
>would miss. It seemed as though a "return" wasn't always a return and
>sometimes it would automagically go to the next routine in VROM. Weird
>stuff.)

Oh yeah. I just remembered, I also wrote a disassembler for the
vector generator (YAVGD - Yet Another Vector Generator Disassembler).

I also wrote a vector viewer that allowed dumping the vector ROM to a
DOS 640x480 graphic screen. It supported subroutines so it allowed
dumping of things like the copyright notice etc.

If I can find it, I'll send it to ya! (And anybody else interested.)

-Zonn