Re: Amplifone tube.

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 18:11:44 EDT

Has anyone considered reproing the plastic tips for the XY tubes? That would
make it much easier to try various tube models in a Wells Gardner or
Amplifone. I also have a 19VLUP22 tube with a badly cracked plastic tip.
Super glue seems to working for now, but I'd like to replace it. It probably
wouldn't be that expensive to make a mold for the WG and amplifone tips. Then
some sort of thermoset plastic could be poored in. Lastly, holes could be
drilled for the pins/glass tip of the tube itself (this could even be done by
the purchaser, to reduce production costs). Any ideas?

Noel Johnson