Re: Vector programming

From: Matthew Sell <msell_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 16:11:16 EDT

With Tempest, the only deterrent for new players to try the higher levels was
that if you couldn't make it past that first level, you wouldn't get a bonus
*AND* you lost all of your lives REAL QUICK doing it.

It was taunting you! It was saying,

" Hey YOU! I bet you can't start at Level 9! I bet you can't do it and I'll bet
you xxxxx points that you CAN'T!!!"

What makes the game real irratating is when you pump quarters into it to get to
xxx level, and you fail, start at xxx level again, and really booger it up, and
start at xxx - 2 level the next time! You have to waste effort gaining ground!

Here in a few weeks I'm going to put my Tempest "on location" at a teen hangout
the church runs. I bet it'll fry their young "car drivin" and "ninja-fighten"
minds....

Move over Pokemon....... : )

    - Matt

--
NOTICE:
This program is sold by weight, not by volume.