Re: New Vector monitor project progress : best place to get K7200?

From: <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 16:52:44 EDT

I need to find the best (least expensive) place to get a new
Well Gardner 19" K7200 monitor. I think this is what I am most
likely going to use as a base unit.

If anyone feels strongly that I should use something else like
a nice K7400 25" unit, I will use it if they can donate a good
working modern one to the vector cause.

Ok, I think I'll be winding new yokes after all. I discussed
the multi coil yoke idea with our think-tank here, and it's just
a bad idea because it's nearly impossible to get each mini-coil
matched exactly.

I have been studying the circuits extensively, and I feel confident
that a new and better deflection circuit can be built.

I'm trying to decide if there is a compelling reason to make
the board semi-compatible with the old Wells Gardner color vector
monitors or not. The cost of the board, without the monitor
would be somewhat prohibitive.

I'm open to suggestion on monitors still.
Does anyone know if there is a modern monitor that has the flyback
mounted off the circuit board? That might help, as that's about
all I am going to be using off the original circuit board. I
can desolder them, but who wants to do that in production?

Does anyone have any experience with Happ monitors or others
that have a stable product line and are inexpensive?

Feedback requested.

Thanks,
James

-----