Re: Electrostatic deflection?

From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol_at_home.com>
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 10:43:37 EDT

>You could do it if you manufactured your own tubes and they had a
>mild deflection angle, like 30 degrees. That would make the tube about
>3 feet long.
It seems to me that the deflection angle would be a function of the field
strength, i.e. plate voltage, not the tube type. That's why I wondered about
what the necessary voltage would be. I would think you could increase
plate voltage without worrying about power dissipation, until the
capacitance of the plates becomes a limiting factor, no?

Just thinking...
-Frank