Re: Space Wars Options

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 19:03:47 EDT

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:42:23 -0600, you wrote:

>I was refering to the original original space wars (If I remember what I
>read, I think the shots would also go "through" the sun)

There were so many "original" Space Wars, it's hard to tell just what
the original did.

Maybe the "Very original" 1963(I think?) version had no effect on
bullets, but it also had no star field, negative gravity, etc, it was
quickly hacked to add features galore.

In one version I read there was up to six players. In another article
I believe there was strategy based on bullets being deflected by the
sun, so one version must have had gravity affecting the bullets.

It be interesting to know whether the version Larry Rosenthal was
playing, when he designed Space War, had bullets influenced by
gravity.

-Zonn