Re: Space Wars Options

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 19:42:09 EDT

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:17:42 -0600, you wrote:

>Zonn wrote:
>
>> Isn't there a Java emulator that plays the original space wars?
>
>Actually there is a *very* good windows version with free source code too.
>Check it out, it is very well done.
>
>http://www.digisys.net/users/cogs/spacewar.htm

No, I meant the "Original" Spacewar, I've seen that. It *is* nicely
done (network play would be cool!), but this is an remake of the
Arcade version of Space War. An emulator will give you a more
accurate game play of the original Arcade version of Space War.

There is an emulator available (written in Java) where someone
emulated the original PDP-1 instruction set (in Java) and then ran the
PDP-1 memory image of the original Spacewars. I have the link at
home, but not here in the office, I'll dig for it tonight.

-Zonn