Re: Space Wars Demo

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_xmission.com>
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 19:09:19 EST

> "Does anybody even remember
> that buried under all those GUI's and Multimedia there's a processor
> that only understand binary coded information????"
>
> Sounds like the look I get when I tell people that I use a VT100 terminal
> and modem to read mail and news at home, and that I have a computer with
> and X/Y point plot display and 16K of core in my garage that still works
> just fine, thank you..

I tried to explain that just last year I wrote some 8080 asm for a terminal
I've got that has 2k of rom and 400h bytes of ram.

On person asked me if I used C, C++ or visual basic to program it. *AUGH*

Oh yeah, explaining how my debug box had 2 hex displays, actual switches
for each bit (for setting registers) and 4 hex rotary switches for the
address was amusing... "but where is the source code?"

Kurt