Re: Space Wars Demo

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 20:19:57 EST

> > that buried under all those GUI's and Multimedia there's a processor
> > that only understand binary coded information????"
> > Sounds like the look I get when I tell people that I use a VT100 terminal
> > and modem to read mail and news at home, and that I have a computer with
> > and X/Y point plot display and 16K of core in my garage that still works
> > just fine, thank you..
> I tried to explain that just last year I wrote some 8080 asm for a terminal
> I've got that has 2k of rom and 400h bytes of ram.
> On person asked me if I used C, C++ or visual basic to program it. *AUGH*

<rant>

I personally think that people should have to be licensed before they are
allowed to program. Give them 4K of RAM, 4K of ROM and say "you have to
write a chess game that plays a decent game of chess in this
configuration. If you can't do it, you *FAIL*." I am so bloody sick and
tired of apps that should be lightning fast on PII/350 machines that run
like dog crap and take 20 megs of RAM just to load up. That and the
aggressively igorant attitude of the asswipes who think that because
they're using C++ constructs that their programs are "object oriented",
and couldn't even install a hard drive themselves without calling IT
(another rant for another time). The fact is most "programmers" wouldn't
be writing a single line of code if they had no memory/resources to waste.

</rant>

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. C++ - Where you can make your privates public!
ICQ # 29402898 Friends don't let newbie programmer friends do C++