Re: New Vector Monitor Project: Deflection I & V Measurments

From: <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 16:40:17 EST

It would appear from the data below that one of the axis is responding
much differently than the other. In order to make a circle,
one axis must see a sine wave, and the other must see a sine
wave of 90 degree phase shift. My guess is that because the
two axis are wound differently, the result is found in the difference
in frequency response.

Thanks again for the info,
James

=================================
I have done a simple test too see what maximum frequency the
WG6100 amplifiers can operate until they start to phase shift
or decay. I connected a sine generator to both inputs and input
a 8V t/t wave, so the display showed a straight, 45 degree slanted
line. When I increased the freqency, the display started to
distort at about 5Khz. (the straight line became more circular).
At 10 kHz it was almost a full circle (90 degree phase shift).

Does this mean it is not nessesary to create an amp which can
amplify signals up to 100kHz since the original seems to fail
at 5kHz?

Just my 2 cents.
Cya!
mendel@matranortel.nl