Re: Cheap BW vector monitor

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 23:49:53 EST

Well, for one, you need about +/- 25 volts of headroom. Z amps are usually
on the neck board, so they are already done. You need an amp that is not
capacatively coupled. You need a spot killer, the yoke has to be re-wound,
misc circuits need to be breadboarded, High voltage power supply has to be
excited. The amplifier will need frequency response compensation and current
feedback instead of voltage feedback. Plus, a few other things. All of it
is do-able but better done right and carefully. That's what we are trying
to do here, but we just want to do a nice job, so it all works nicely, and
better than the originals did!

James