New Monitor: #2 CIRCUIT FOR REVIEW

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 00:47:41 EST

Hi everybody!

This deflection circuit design is very simple, and that's the beauty of it
:-)

The LM3886 has all kinds of protection built in to it, so many of our past
concerns are finally addressed, such as overvoltage, undervoltage,
overloads, shorts, thermal runaway & instantaneous temperature peaks!

I will probably need to design an on-board switching power supply and a
decent spot killer (I'm not sure if it justifies a microprocessor at this
point) as well as connectors for hookup. There may be a special oscillator
for Sync inputs on the conversion monitor. This would stabilize the High
Voltage section.

http://www.angelfire.com/nh/northamericantelecom/images/deflectionamp02.gif

Don't mind the wrong symbol for the yoke.
Fuses are not required due to the protection inherent to the 3886.
I believe the sense resistor inductance, in this design, is unimportant due
to yoke inductance being orders of magnitude more significant. 1-10 uH -vs-
1 mH.

Please keep in mind, I'm trying to keep the parts cost to an absolute
minimum so the max people can afford it. It also means, hopefully, that I
won't have to invest $5000 in a parts stock just to have 20 boards on the
shelf.

Design comments, complaints and criticisms, as usual, are requested.

Thanks everyone!

James

http://www.angelfire.com/nh/northamericantelecom
low cost regular phone service click links to 6.9c or 5.9c no monthly fees!