Re: Sega G80 Test Fixture

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 15:20:31 EST

I've seen two approaches to debugging Sega G80 boards.

1) Cut away both sides of the G80 cage. This allows you to access the
top or bottom of a given board while it is running. Unfortunately, not
both at the same time.

2) Using a junk G80 board, solder wires to the edge pins and run the wires
outside of the cage connected to a large edge connector (or two JAMMA
connectors put together). So you plug in the junk board, and then plug the
board you want to test into the external edge connector.

I have both. Of course, you need a working text fixture (g80 game) to start
with.

I've got plenty of junk g80 boards if someone else is interested in doing #2,
or if you need parts off them.