Re: New Monitor: Center tapped transformer

From: Alan J McCormick <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 03:23:57 EST

I know this doesn't really count as a cheap source but when I was parting
out some Aiwa cd/tape/receiver combos, I discovered that the transformer
does have a 48v CT winding.

I doubt the current rating would be enough though. Those things are cheap
pieces of crap. Cost reduced beyond the breaking point IMHO.

I agree about trying to use audio amp transformers. All the surplus
catalogs I see with center tapped transformers seem to have a dearth of
40-60vct units but lots of 30vct and some 70+ units.

Virtu-Al