Re: Q: Dedicated Major Havoc CPO Differences

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 10:47:50 EST

On Nov 11, 8:21am, Jess Askey wrote:
> Subject: Re: Q: Dedicated Major Havoc CPO Differences
> That *is* a good process. Roy asked me about that as well and the only way
that I had ever
> done it was by welding a small sqare on the underside and then filling. I
have also seen
> it done just by epoxying the metal to the underside and then filling the
indent with more
> expoxy. I wouldnt' think that it would take a huge force to snap it out tho.
But it seemed
> relatively sturdy.

I've actually done a few spots by just using epoxy to hold the metal on the
underside (instead of pop-rivets). Be sure to rough up the area first with
rough sandpaper so the epoxy holds better. I've only done this in areas where
there was a hole nowhere near any controls, meaning the likeliness of pressure
applied in that area was very unlikely. Fill with Bondo and sand.

Mark Jenison / __/ /_/ / / / | // | / |__ __/ _ /__ \ Sega/Gremlin
cig.mot.com /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_| Arcade Games
____________ The One and Only 4-player vector game ____________