Re: MH CPO Art Complete - Taking Pre-Orders Now!

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 22:15:31 EST

Alot of what you are seeing (in terms of text difference) is due to the
conversion of the vector art to *very* low resolution. I redrew the art
based on a 300 DPI scan of the original. The font is a perfect match. The
letter spacing and kearning are spot on. The alignment is exact.

Actually, as I usually end up doing, my art is in some ways better than the
original. For example, the two triangles adjacent to the word "MOVE" on mine
are exactly the same, only mirrored. On the original, the vertical on the
right arrow is slightly shorter than the left. Also, on the original, there
are a couple of small spots where the blue of the lines bleeds into the
white of the little specs. On mine, the specs are pure.

Does this make mine better than the original? No. But the way I see it,
people are far more critical of repros than of originals. If two lines don't
quite line up properly on the original, oh well. If the same thing appears
on a repro people assume it's a mistake.

I still need to do some final tweaking of the art. I will double check the
character spacing. I will do my best to make it perfect. I know the final
product will be beautiful.

Please keep up the feedback. As I don't (yet) have my own dedicated Major
Havoc, I am doing this for you. I want to make sure you will all be
satisfied.

Thanks,
-roy-