Re: Vector Hardware

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 13:17:35 EST

The DAC08 is performing the linear scaling for the vector generator. the vector counter
can do the binary scaling (preset sizes). But if you want and object to change size
gradually you need the linear scaling.
  If you watch the linear scale test, you see a box growing gradually out of the center. I
think the way is works is that the output of the DAC08 is the input of the AM6012's +ref
or something. Essentially, the DAC is a linear control of the XY DAC's positive rail.
  If you watch the binary scale test, you will see the box jump from on scale factor to
another. It can't do smooth scaling.

I did't thing that Tempest had linear scaling? Am I thinking of the wrong DAC-08?

jess