Vector Hardware

From: Mendel Pearl <mendel_at_matranortel.nl>
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:40:23 EST

Yes! Finally I got my Tempest AVG working again!

The problem turned out to be the MC1495 multipliers, which was a real hard job
tho find these here in Holland.

My other Tempest board still has a problem with the X defection, the Y is
working after replacing the current/voltage opamp (TL082) , thanks Rodger! This
little baby indeed caused the virtual ground to be not 'grounded' :)

Maybe somebody could help me out on this one:

What is the DAC08 doing in the circuit? So far as I can see from the schematics
and MC1495 datasheets, it seems to me that the MC1495 multipliers perform the
east-west correction (pincushion).
As you can see from the circuit, the output current of the DAC08 is directly
summed to that of the XY DACs.
Maybe somebody could shine a light here? I am really trying to know how the AVG
functions exactly...

Thanks!