Re: New Monitor: Power Supply Design

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Sat Nov 13 1999 - 04:11:47 EST

One thought. Look at the likely failure modes of this and how it could
effect the rest of the board.

With the rectifier what happens if it melts down and you get a 48V ac into
the rest of the system? What happens if you lose half wave rectification?

What if a cap shorts? Opens?

Etc. I have no idea how to answer these but they are what I would think
about.

David