Re: Amplifone HV probs/Thank you John Robertson

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 00:27:02 EST

> Wow, did you read my Amplifone HV faq on Gamearchive??
>
> http://www.gamearchive.com/video/manufacturer/atari/vector/monitors/amplifone/
> amphvfq11.doc
>
> You must not have the 50 ohm resitiors on the +24 / -24 regulators, if you're
> running a blue board. DO NOT OPERATE THIS UNMODDED HV BOARD WTH STAR WARS!!!
> You're asking for +/-24v reg and BU406D trouble, and I don't think the strain
> is any good for ol' red either...
>
> MAKE SURE YOU MOD the blue board as stated in the faq if you want to run Star
> Wars with it.
>
> MK

Yes, I have definitely read (but obviously not memorized, since I forgot
your warnings) it. (a printed copy is right here next to me) Thank you
sir! I guess I was so excited to see this thing working that your
suggestions in the article slipped my mind. I have very limited time on
the HV and will now shelve it until I do the repairs/upgrades.

Thanks again,
Noel