Re: Amplifone HV probs/Thank you John Robertson

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 00:14:25 EST

In a message dated 11/17/99 11:15:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nej@airmail.net writes:

<< The problem does not occur with a Wells Gardner
 mounted for testing. During the death star explosion the screen gets
 very out of focus and the entire picture swells. >>

Wow, did you read my Amplifone HV faq on Gamearchive??

http://www.gamearchive.com/video/manufacturer/atari/vector/monitors/amplifone/
amphvfq11.doc

You must not have the 50 ohm resitiors on the +24 / -24 regulators, if you're
running a blue board. DO NOT OPERATE THIS UNMODDED HV BOARD WTH STAR WARS!!!
You're asking for +/-24v reg and BU406D trouble, and I don't think the strain
is any good for ol' red either...

MAKE SURE YOU MOD the blue board as stated in the faq if you want to run Star
Wars with it.

MK