Re: Cat Box on Ebay/Rat Box

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 23:06:50 EST

Al Kossow wrote:

> "Would it allow the use of the signature's already published by Atari to test/repair boards"
>
> I'd suggest picking up a used HP 5004 sig analyzer. They show up all
> the time, and are normally pretty cheap, because there isn't a whole
> lot of demand for them any more. They rarely sell for more than $50.

Perhaps my question didn't make sense, but I am not sure it has been
answered. Atari published signature analysis guides that tell what the
output reading should be for each pin of an integrated circuit touched
with the probe of a cat box. Would these Atari guides be useable with
another type of signature analyzer such a as the HP5004 or would a known
working board have to be tested first to determine what the output
should be with a tester other than a cat box?

Please excuse this "non-techie" (but willing to learn) if my question is
silly!

Thanks,
Noel