Re: eprom erasing

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 11:25:37 EST

James, James, James...you are talking to ENGINEERS here. Don't you
understand the difference between an Engineer and ordinary folks? It's
simple with this example (feel free to add to this thread):

Problem: A picture hanging crookedly on the wall in your house.

Regular person solution: Straighten picture

Engineer solution: Turn on computer, load CAD program, design picture
straightening mechanism, build prototypes, test, curse Bill Gates, redesign
without using Windows, mutter about idiots designing nails that don't grab
picture hanging wire properly, rebuild prototype, test. Hmmm, not quite
right, send out email on various groups stating progress to date. Read
hundreds of email replies about how someone else did this and the problems
they had. Get to Beta stage. Test with real picture frame. Realize the
outlet isn't close enough so redesign for battery power. Batteries die,
redesign for solar power...loose job over time spent at work on
problem...loose wife, kids....finally loose house eliminating the problem
once and for all. New person moves in and straightens picture.

John :-#)#