WG6100 upgrade

From: Timothy Sczerby <Lair-Ace_at_webtv.net>
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 21:50:14 EST

I'm currently upgrading a WG6100 in my major havoc (tempest conversion)
and I have a few questions:

When doing the upgrade as described in the online manual,is it best to
start with an unmodified chassis,or should I also do the upgrades as
described by Brady distributing and startech journal dated around
1984? I'm currently starting with an "unmodified chassis"

When upgrading the capacitors at locations C800, C801,C802, and C803 on
the deflection board from .47uf/35v to 1uf/50v, Should I use
electrolytic or Tantalium type capacitors?

Are cement and metaloxide resistors suitable replacements for resistors
at R-106,R-701,R901,R-907 and R926 ?

Please help me out. This monitor chassis was working when I started,and
I don't want to screw it up,just make it more dependable.I believe in
preventive maintaince.
Thanks