Re: 2114 chips?

From: Andy Welburn <andrew.welburn_at_cableol.co.uk>
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 03:26:44 EST

along the same lines, 4116 RAMs are kinda hard to find..

if you get desperate, and have a ready supply of them (like we do in the
UK), get hold of a Sinclair Spectrum (from a car boot sale etc..).

The 48k rubber key version (both board revisions) usually yields about 8
4116 RAMs...

If you're nifty with the soldering iron, you can get these out and put them
to a much better use, in an arcade game :)

I often find when ripping old computers to bits for fun, that there's a
wealth of old chips to be had.. processors, EPROMs, RAM etc... The BBC Micro
or (if you can get one) the Master series usually have a wealth of chips,
and have an even easier time as the high quality of BBC's means that they
tended to socket all the important stuff that could possibly go wrong.. (RAM
etc..)

hope it helped..

Andy Welburn - Collector Of Fine Video Game Antiquities
http://www.willowsp.u-net.com/andy/
Atari Battlezone AVG and AUX Game Logic Boards