Re: WG6100 deflection board madness

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 20:53:41 EST

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Doug Jefferys wrote:

> As long as we're on the subject, I also have a deflection board
> that eats deflection transistors. When last powered up a couple
> of years ago, the symptoms were that it displayed a picture for
> a few seconds and then promptly cut out half the X-side of the
> screen and blew some deflection transistors. I gave up fixing this one
> when I swapped it out for my Y-amplification-buggered board. Sigh...

One update - the second deflection board had an open D702, which someone
had replaced with a 1N4004. I swapped in a 1N4002, which is still beefier
than the 1N4001 that came with it. The "eats transistors" board now
appears not to eat transistors, but I haven't left it on that long. It
powers up with vector clatter but the spot killer remains on.

FWIW, the "bad Y-amp" board is a stock P314, and the "eats transistors"
board is a P314 modified with the "protection board on stilts" hack.

Later,
Doug.

--
 dougj   |