RE: "untested" PCBs...

From: Eric Clayberg <clayberg_at_smalltalksystems.com>
Date: Sun Nov 28 1999 - 23:43:52 EST

>I can't comment on how good or bad the service is. I do agree however, that
>when you see tested and untested boards of the same type auctioned off at
>the same time, there's obviously something up.

She just posted several more "untested" Tempest boards. She describes them
like this:

"The boardset is complete and CLEAN. I have too many boxes of these boards
and I want to move some of them NOW, so I've decided to not test one box
full of these, set a low ($45 each) reserve, put one at a time up on ebay
and see what happens."

I don't know about you, but that just doesn't make any sense. Since
tested/working boards sets can command $150 and untested sets sell for 1/2
to 1/3 that, there is no earthly reason not to test them unless you *know*
for a fact that they don't work. Even a simple test would take no more than
a minute or two per board (i.e., plug it in and see what happens - either
the game plays or it doesn't). Her explanation just doesn't ring true.

-Eric