Re: "untested" PCBs...

From: Andrew Wilson <awilson_at_seanet.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 14:09:41 EST

>The only thing that worries me, WHY do even the real bad traders always
>get positive feedback on eBay???

        People are *really* leery to give negative feedback. I don't think
people are worried about slander - I think it's that it's common to
have the recipient turn around and give you negative feedback right back, which
slams your own rating.

        Also, unless the seller just walks away from the deal with your
money, it's usually kind of a gray area. Did they rip you off, or are they
just guilty of bad packaging and bad luck with the P.O.? Especially if the
seller makes sympathetic noises or even tries to make good on the deal in some
way - it gets really tough to post negative feedback on them. Even in the case
posted here, I'd personally be hard pressed to post more than a neutral
feedback on them, pointing out the bad packaging and the fact that they have
claimed that the P.O. lost the packages for multiple buyers.

        It's kind of a catch-22. If you post negative feedback on a
seller, you pretty much kiss any chance of resolving the matter in a friendly
manner goodbye. And once you've resolved the matter, it becomes kinda spiteful
to post neg feedback, since you've ostensibly resolved the matter to your
mutual satisfaction. The most I generally can do in those cases is post a
neutral, like I said above.

                        Drew