RE: DAC 80 - availability

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 15:08:43 EST

> Burr-Brown was the only manufacturer of those parts, as far as I
> know.
>
> I found them at a surplus place, and they have the V suffix. I
> don't expect everybody to sell them for that price, but they ARE out
> there. Look around. That's all I'm saying.

I would recommend snagging every last one of those available. ;-)

John's price really isn't any sort of gouging. The link that Omar posted
was the "$18" price I found too. (Made by Analog Devices incidentally-- not
BB, so there's at least one cross.) This is what I found:

Avnet:
ADDAC80N-CBI-V $17.99
ADDAC80-CBI-V $49.84

Newark:
ADDAC80-CBI-V $56.75
ADDAC80D-CBI-V $31.13
ADDAC80N-CBI-V $20.49

Arrow:
DAC80-CBI-V $28.15
DAC80P-CBI-V $20.70
DAC80Z-CBI-V $31.73

Future:
ADDAC80-CBI-V $72.69
ADDAC80-CCD-V $78.75
ADDAC80D-CBI-V $41.86
ADDAC80N-CBI-V $24.50

Bear in mind that you have to meet minimum order quantities and pay for
shipping, handling, and tax (where applicable).

-Clay