RE: Selling Items on VL

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 12:50:32 EST

Up to this point I've been using my own judgement on what I think is
applicable to post here. We see discussion about desoldering equipment,
EPROM programmers, eBay practices, Newton's Method, raster image compression
and a bunch of "other" topics. Sure, you can connect a thin line from any
of these to vector games ("I'm writing a vector game, I'm fixing a vector
game, I'm buying a vector game, I'm storing compressed docs of a vector
game") but you can do that with anything. ("I have an antique pie rack that
makes a great holder for vector game boards for sale...").

I offered up the desoldering stations here because they were discussed
recently and I was willing to sell them cheap to the vectorlist people who
would probably like to have them. (Seeing as how they all sold in less time
that it took me to eat lunch I'd guess that at least some people thought it
was worthwhile.)

Is selling a Catbox here OK? (It works for non-vector games.) Is offering a
68000 ICE for a good price OK? (It works for non-vector games too.)

The signal to noise ratio seems like a weak excuse to me. Monty-Pythonizing
posts isn't noise? Gregg's trade offer for a B&K CRT rejuv was OK? John
offering up relatively rare DAC-80's for-sale must be noise too.

I not going to risk offering the "wrong" thing to the group anymore. Maybe
we should just take the list to full moderation to make sure no noise gets
in instead of some noise being OK and others not...

jmp rant_off

-Clay