Ok, Different Topic... Fluke 9010 Test Program for Asteroids...

From: TomW <twisnion_at_enteract.com>
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 13:46:33 EST

Gang,

To bring the list back on a 'fun' topic...

I've been working on a series of menu based test programs for the fluke 9010. I have taken
the tests out of the atari cat box manual and brought over what I could for the asteroids board. Heres what I have done so far:

The code is posed at www.enteract.com/~twisnion/asteroids1.txt

1. Ram test, the Fluke test is much better that the game test, I've broken the flukes test down to two rams at a time to at least get the 'person testing' beyond the Bit 7 @ 3E21 bad, so you get a Bad Ram R3 M3 message instead.

2. Rom Test. I have taked the sig's from the rev 2 sw and broken the rom test up to test each chip seporatly, giving Rom XX bad. Need to add rev 1 here and alternate rom positions next.

3. Sound test, cycles each sound with a cascading menu until CONT is pressed for the next sound, great for debugging a missing sound.

4. I/O test for inputs, will show dips and buttons pressed, NOT YET DONE..

5. Vector generator, I took the atari '+' display and put it in the test procedure and looped it until cont is pressed, great help for the VG section !!

6. Address Decode, was in the cat box test procedure, ok for debugging. Has you probe a specific chip for pulse count to verify its swinging ok..

I need to make a clean up pass on the code, so go easy on me, I know one of the displays is showing the wrong #..

Now, I'm working on Sig analysis for the VG section, since I really would NOT like to cut traces or clip on dip clips specific to a chip to inject the stimulas sig so I'm looking for ideas on how to create that part of the test program. I have experimented using the atari + display code and I can generate a stable sig on the vg program stack area and again on the XY area, but you cannot get a sig from the vector timer or program counter area without additional stimulas that I have been able to figure out.. So, where I'm heading is to just load the program stack with cmds that would cause certian things to happen on a go cmd, TimerX, Halt,Stop,Go etc... and use the probe to pulse count again or just run the + display test and count pulses against that... Anyone got a VG command list and what they do ??

I hope I made a little sense, any opinions ???

Oh, and I've got an extra 9010 with a Z80 pod for sale.

TomW