Selling and RVGA/C & Space Duel WDT

From: Mehrtens John-LJM071 <LJM071_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 14:04:04 EST

Hey folks,

I'm inclined to say that rec.video.games.arcade.marketplace would be a good
group to have (keeps the 'Playstation Games sale!' ads like on RGVM to a
minimum, hopefully)... I originally thought rec.video.games.arcade.tech
would make sense, though collectors are generally tech-minded anyway (and
there are great tech posts in RVGAC, if you can get through the "FA:" posts
and other flotsam snicking around in that group.)

(#noise 1) On another note, the noise on this group generated by quibbling
over an intriguing post from yesterday afternoon is an awful lot more
off-topic than the original post (which, being a goodwill gesture from a
very active, resourceful, and overall nice guy, was very welcome to take up
a kilobyte in my mailbox). IMHO, someone who posts a for-sale ad and does
it tactfully, and in the best interest of the group, is more than welcome in
my opinion (I ran a BBS for 15 years). Someone who comes on and belts out
the fact that they have this 'n that raster game for sale wouldn't be
welcome on a vector-based mailing list. Commercial adverts wouldn't be
welcome. (#noise 0)

This meat loaf I had from the cafeteria here at work isn't sitting well --
pardon me! <grin>

Now to my real point here... I finally nabbed a scope so now I can do some
more work on my Space Duel board. Seems I've a RAM problem -- or
(hopefully) a hairline fracture in a bus line. The watchdog keeps snapping
the coin lockout ever second or so, like a Rottweiler on crack. All that
'cause I wasn't grounded when I touched the board once (I'm willing to
bet..and fess up to it). As they say, you don't HAVE to feel the static
electricity for it to make nasties out of silicon. Does anyone know what
would be the best approach to this? Is there a possibility that I'm out of
my league and that it might not be static-induced amnesia? The monitor's
working fine (Thanks, Jess - it WAS simply a contrast/screen problem which
caused the screen anomalies)...when it comes up. BTW, Test mode tones are
OK (I get 4 instead of 8, though swapping the custom chips didn't change the
sounds (i.e. loud/soft).. The four sounds were always the louder sounds.
I'm sure I can beat on this puppy and wrangle it back into shape -- I'm just
looking for some experience to make the time-to-living-again shorter (and
it'll make my nephew happy to be able to play it again).

Thanks for your ear! And I welcome any input you may have re: WDT hiccups.

John Mehrtens