Re: trying to remove myself from the vectorlist

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 15:58:55 EST

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Evil Exidy wrote:

> Who should I email to get removed from the vectorlist?
>
> jon

        You email listproc@lists.cc.utexas.edu, with the word
"unsubscribe" in the body. These instructions are in the message
that you received when you subscribed to the list (this
message also instructs you to not delete it.) Automated list
processing isn't brain surgery, if you simply read the instructions
before spamming the list.

         Since as many people seem to be against the separate for sale list
as there are for it, I'm not going to do it. Instead, expect some form of
moderation to be in effect by this weekend or so. Forgetting the whole
for sale issue, there have been lots of posts recently about Galaga
repairs, finding RGVAC, and subscribing and unsubscribing from the list,
which are all off-topic.

        I'm against full moderation because, frankly, I don't have the
time to read/approve every message in a timely fashion to ensure no
significant "group delay" from the time the poster sends it until the time
it hits the list. Like I said, the solution will probably involve some
kind of "Auto-Approval Robomoderation" scheme.

        Vectorlist policy will not change -- in special cases, for sale
posts will be OK, but now this will be solely at my discretion, to be
enforced through whatever moderation scheme I decide upon. In the
meantime, PLEASE let's stop talking about this on the list (if you have
some question, comment, or concern, you're more than welcome to email me
privately about it,) and if there is some problem with someone's post in
the future, PLEASE email ME about this, and not the list.

Thanks,

Joe