Re: The "untested" seller again...

From: Josh McCormick <jmccorm_at_galstar.com>
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 16:00:47 EST

> I think you will find that the LF347N on the adaptor board is your
> problem..

Here's the response I got. Well, they're nice about it. But twisting one
of the connectors? The small connector is obviously on correctly because
I'm seeing vectors. It may be possible to twist the large one, but
(especially) considering the presence of +/-22VDC, I don't think I want to
try this without an outside opinion. Sound bogus to everyone else?

Message follows:

I don't know how there can be so many problems. My husband was sitting in
the garage playing this board on a Tempest rig just prior to shipping it
to you. Do you have the capacity to burn your own eproms? If not, I can
send you a replacement eprom. As for the converter board. Are you sure
you are hooking it up correctly to the Tempest harness? I believe that
you are supposed to "twist" or "reverse" one of the connectors to make it
hook up right. I can replace the converter board if it still doesn't
work. Or, I can provide you with the components needed to facilitate the
repair of the board. As you know, per auction terms, I provide no
warranty. Because you are a repeat customer and you are very pleasant to
deal with, I am willing to bend the rules and keep you happy. Let me know
what you would like for me to do to remedy this situation.