G08.... again!!!

From: ddhumphr <david_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 10:37:35 EST

Ok ok ok (feeling a bit Pesci-ish this AM), now I know we've all been down
this path before, but bear with me a bit. What is the answer to solving the
hassle that you get when lovely blue arcing growls it's way up from the bottom
of the LOPT to the focus pot.? Answer; replace the wire. Well, in my case I
cut off all of the rotten insulation for about 3 inches and put 4 layers of
shrink wrap over it. But!!!! Now, I have that "lovely blue" arcing dancing
around the edges of the Focus pot. itself.

"Is my pot shot?" (heh heh heh... sorry, had to do it!)

Can I get a new Focus pot.? Can I re-epoxy this thing that I have? I didn't
think that my HV was bad before attempting to re-cap the deflection circuitry,
I still don't... but is it possible that it's too hot?

Inquiring minds want to know....

Ace
Ni-Wumpf Ltd.