Re: Monitor Discharging

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 11:39:57 EST

I should have added that one of the problems with grounding to the wall
outlet is if the game is not grounded properly either inside or grounded to
the outlet, THEN you could damage something with a 20KV pulse that might
walk back to the game via the 115 wiring and then happily through the power
supply (ZAP-ZAP) or through the transformer (blow the insulation of the
internal wiring) or through the idiot holding the wire, after all the
charge is trying to get back to the outside of the picture tube and a 20KV
charge can jump about 1 inch or so...

This is assuming that the game is plugged in, if the game is unplugged then
I think the person holding the wire will be the discharge path...(ouch!)

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com