Monitor Discharging

From: saint <saint_at_speedhost.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 09:31:43 EST

I had understood, and I am uncertain if this applies equally to vector and
raster monitors (meaning I hope I'm on topic! :) ) that when discharging a
monitor quickly, you go from annode to monitor chassis. I believe in fact
someone was quite adamant that you *not* go from annode to a ground in the
wall.

I ran across this site that takes completely the opposite point of view:
http://www3.50megs.com/todd1814/capkit/capkit.htm

It also goes on that discharging to the chassis is a good way to fry your
PCB.

Anyone in the know care to comment? Is this web site correct, or grossly
in error?

Thanks!

--- saint