Re: Asteroids Deluxe with WG19V2000 problems

From: Joel Rosenzweig <Joel_Rosenzweig_at_Agilent.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 09:39:04 EST

>I seem to be getting the Z-out signal pulsing... what is the best way to
>check? I used a volt-meter and it seems to be pulsing. (It is hanging

The best way is to use an oscilloscope to look at the waveform. You'll see
the signal swing from ground to +5V. The use of a multimeter is OK, but not
as good since you can't verify that the signal is swinging from end to end.
But, as long as you read neither +5V nor 0V, that means that your signal is
most likely fluctuating.

>around 1.6 V but moving.) Could something on the deflector board be
hosing?
>High voltage? Thanks.

Do you see the other retrace lines, or does the display look normal except
for "the white dot?" Did you mean this was one white dot in the center of
the screen, or do you see white dots all over the screen where vectors
intersect? If you are seeing white dots all over the screen, you may just
have a contrast/intensity adjustment to make.

Joel-