Re: Monitor Discharging

From: ddhumphr <david_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 12:05:21 EST

Well I can vouch for John's note below. I completely discharged my monitor to
the frame last night, pulled the deflection circuitry and worked on it (yet
again) and went to pop it back in again after about 40 minutes. I STILL got
the zap (though not as badly as on a fully charged tube). One note I would
make, however, is that a jumper to the anode cup doesn't really make a lot of
sense to me. I *believe* that the charge is kept in the tube itself, not in
the HV flyback circuitry, so the jumper would have to be somehow connected to
the tube, and not the anode cup...

Ace
Ni-Wumpf Ltd.