Re: Asteroids Deluxe with WG19V2000 problems

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 17:43:44 EST

Josh Wirth wrote:

> If there is a black level adjustment on the WG, I'd love to know about it!

The contrast should do about the same thing as a Black Level control. I have seen monitors
where a dried out cap in the black level/contrast area have caused syptoms similar to
this.
  Using a scope you should be able to start at the Z out on the PCB and make sure you have
some good variablity (full range swing) of the signal . Follow it through the monitor and
see where the signal compresses/expands into being on all the time. Is that cryptic
enough? ;-)
  jess