RE: Pins & Vids Audio Show

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 13:19:24 EST

I have found that if the tube is not shorted for a few minutes, that
sometimes it can "re-charge" a bit, I think because if the glass screen of
the tube still has a small static charge, and then if this is discharged
will produce a negative charge in the tube. Not much of a charge (perhaps a
couple of hundred volts) but a bit shocking if not expected. Rare, but it
happens...

We have had HV leads that were not hooked properly into the tube anode
dropping onto the board with alarming (almost fire alarm) results when the
game is turned on...the screwdriver stuffed into the wall outlet is so
stupid I can't wait to hear that the guy is sued because some idiot stuffs
the screwdriver into the hot terminal of the socket!

I tried to find the guy's email address on his site, but no luck. If anyone
knows it could they PLEASE inform him how dangerous this is!!!

John :-#)#

From: Christopher X. Candreva

  http://www.flippers.com