Re: Identify This Trakball

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 19:53:41 EST

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Noel Johnson wrote:

> > Regrettably, switching to the standard midi trakball isn't an
> > option; the control panel will only fit *this* trakball, and
>
> If a Quantum won't use a standard midi trakball, what will it use? I am
> about to start restoration of a Quantum cab which is currently without
> trakball..

Use the standard midi trakball. My Quantum project is a frankenstein
cabinet with a homebuilt control panel from a generic metal "blank"
panel. I made the cuts to the metal for the Bally/Sente/(Midway?)
trakball that I was going to use with the project because I figured
a glowing orange trakball was neat, and what the heck, I'm building
support for Tempest into the same panel, so it's not like it's ever
gonna look like the original.

But if you're restoring an original Quantum cab with an original Quantum
control panel, the standard Atari midi trakball is exactly what you need.

Later,
Doug.

--
 dougj   |