Re: AM6012 DAC replacement (Tempest)???

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 13:11:43 EST

I think this was hammered out here a year or two ago...check the archives.
I have certainly seen Atari use the 561's in Asteroids etc. Don't know why
they wouldn't work here if the pinout is the same. Of course, it's a little
easier for my I have hundreds of old oddball ICs lying around and I just
stuff in a socket and then test it out. I don't usually have to actually go
out and buy these old timer chips...also a large stock of "parts" boards.

The curse of being a pack-rat who runs an archival game business.

John :-#)#