Re: AM6012 DAC replacement (Tempest)???

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 16:26:48 EST

It's nice to see that he is starting a web presence. It is even MORE
interesting that he is returning to mail order. He was concentrating
on walk-in business only.

For those of you that were into computers way back when you built them
yourself (Altair days---pre-Apple) you might remember Tanner as
"Digital Research of Texas", a seller of stuff like 2102 RAM chips.
Back then having 1K BITS of RAM on a chip was a big deal. And it only
needed one power supply! Then the 2114 came out and had 4 times the
RAM on a chip (1K x 4). Back then that was a major thing.