Re: Tempest on top as we go into the new millennium

From: Andrew Wilson <awilson_at_seanet.com>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 20:20:03 EST

>Ya gotta admit, as a game collector - it's pretty cool to order a very
>affordable kit which allows you to play so many variations of games on one
>piece of hardware. Not sure why Clay gets a bad rap every so often.

        *Does* Clay get a bad rap? I think Clay gets alot of (well-justified)
praise from other collectors, and I think that sits poorly with a very small
group of people who look at what he's done and say "Hell, *I* could do that.
He's not so smart. What's the big deal?"

        In a similar vein, the whole vectorlist off-topic flap started off
smelling alot like "Hey, why does *Clay* get to post commercial stuff? Why does
*he* get special privileges?".

        Clay's a good guy who's contributed some great stuff to the hobby.
I'd hate to see him driven out, and I'm glad to hear that he's planning on
resubscribing to the list...

                        Drew