Speaking of Death Star Explosions

From: Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 18:38:53 EST

One of my Star Wars games has a Well Gardener monitor in it. It has the
LV2000 and new capacitors. During the death star explosion the screen
blows up (stretches out) and you can see all the retrace lines inside the
white circles. The high voltage is properly adjusted to 19.5 KV. Even
turning down the brightness doesn't help alot.

Also, the bottom half is folded up slightly. Normally I'd say this would
be a capacitor issue. The only capacitors that haven't been changed on
the deflection board are the two large black ones. The power transistors
mounted on the chassis are still the originals as well.

Other than that, the picture is about the best I've ever seen. Even
comparing with my Other Star Wars with the Ampliphone in it.

Matt