Re: Nolan Bushnell on ZDTV

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 18:32:44 EST

Ummmm I must correct you, Computer Space as built by Nutting was definitely
TTL logic only. I should know as I have fixed these turkeys since they
first came out. (Currently I have one spare CS 2 player boardset sitting on
a shelf, plus I made custom card extenders to work on the boards...I also
have good schematics sitting in my filing cabinets.) The game was fast
enough, but the play was a bit too complex, the rockets had inertia, The
shots would follow the direction of rotation of the ship, and the ships
would fall off the sides of the screen and re-appear on the opposite side,
people just weren't ready for this yet. It was also, and remains, mostly
boring.

This is not very vector, is it? Lets try and force this back on topic: Did
Nolan design any Vector games?

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com