Re: Nolan Bushnell on ZDTV

From: Brian Deuel <bdeuel_at_pathwaynet.com>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 19:18:02 EST

At 05:52 PM 1/6/00 -0600, you wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, John Robertson wrote:
>
> > This is not very vector, is it? Lets try and force this back on topic: Did
> > Nolan design any Vector games?
> >

> That's probably a tough call. If memory serves, I think a lot of
>the early Atari Vector work was done by Howard Delman, and a few other
>guys who's names I'm not positive of (I want to say Harry Jenkins, Roger
>Hector, and Ed Rotberg, but I'm probably including/forgetting somebody
>that shouldn't/should be there) in "transition Atari," but after Atari was
>owned by Warner. However it's unclear what, if any, impact Nolan had on
>these guys (Delman, at least, was hired by Nolan.)

Nolan got the ball rolling on the X-Y monitor back while he still ran
Atari. Howard Delman and a few others (I think Hector is among these) did
the actual design. It was one of the fabled "Grass Valley" think-tank designs.

Brian
Brian Deuel
Brian's Coinop History Archive
http://coinop.vintagegaming.com